Friday, May 8, 2009

Waaaayyyy too many!!

OK, so it has been a while. Sorry about that. Life kind of got in the way of keeping track of, well, life! I have missed quite a few days, but hopefully with the end of school and summer coming up, I will be able to get back in the routine again. Anyway, on with the show!

April 14 We have started going to Braums on occasion. We used to go pretty regularly in OKC, but we are glad we have "re" discovered them! Yummy!

April 17 We were very fortunate to be invited on a cruise with Jeff's company. This is of us leaving the Port of Miami on our way to Key West.

April 18 This is a picture of a seagull that decided to pose for me on Key West. The water was SO blue. Definitely not in Oklahoma (or Texas) anymore! We spent the day walking the shops of Key West, stopping at the Blonde Giraffe for coffee and then headed back to the ship to lay out by the pool and watch the boats go by. Lots of fun and lots of sun!


April 19 This is on the island of Coco Cay. It is the private island of the cruise ship. The weather was not exactly pretty on this day, so we walked the beach, laid in hammocks and lounged most of the day. It was truly relaxing.
April 20 We came home to a nice welcome home message on the front porch. I didn't realize until that point, how much I had missed the kids. They had a great time with both sets of grandparents, but I think they were pretty glad we were home (as were we).


April 24 Allie and I surprised Lance at school today with cupcakes for his birthday to share with his class and McDonald's. He is so cute when we come to have lunch with him. He loves to show us off.


April 25 Happy Birthday my 7 year old!! I still can't believe that he is seven. It just seems impossible. We had breakfast, and then I put together a treasure hunt for his presents (money). We got ready and went to lunch at WhichWich, went to Target and ToysRUs to spend the birthday money and then headed out to his soccer game. All in all, a good day!


April 26 We ran out of time the day before to have cake (plus we took cupcakes to the soccer game), so we had birthday cake today. He was pretty proud of his Monsters vs. Alien cake!

April 27 We finally made it to get pics with some Texas Bluebonnets. They were starting to fade, but were still really pretty. Allie wasn't thrilled about sitting on the ground with the "bugs", but I managed to get a few really good pics. I won't tell you about the "creative cropping" on this pic...


April 28 OK, so I didn't actually take this picture. Allie did. She is starting to show an interest in the other side of the camera. What I didn't realize is how dirty she made the lens, so think of the next few pics as having soft focus added to them!! : )

April 29 You thought I was kidding about the soft focus, didn't you?? Allie had gymnastics today and was hungry when we got home! She asked for toast with jelly and hot chocolate and that is what she got!! The blue all over her face is from the stamp she got at gymnastics.


April 30 OK, I actually like the "soft focus" on this picture. Lance was having a rough day and was throwing a seven year old temper tantrum. I had the camera on the counter and grabbed it. He laughed and all was well.

May 1 We went back to OKC for the weekend since we had a week off from soccer games. We decided it would be a good time to do Mother's Day and my sister-in-law's birthday. I thought the kids looked pretty cute in the back. Cleo is even chilled out in the back back.

May 2 These are the cups I made for Mother's Day gifts for my mom and Jeff's mom. Of course Jeff pointed out that they say "love Lance and Allie" and not "love Kirsten and Jeff". Why is it that the kids get credit for it? Hmmmm

May 6 Allie wore a pretty dress today and I had to take a pic of her. She posed next to the new plants we have on the front porch. I actually got her to look at the camera. Reverse psychology does work with three year olds!


May 7 This is the altered journal and note pad holder I made for Lance's teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week. I was really pleased at how it turned out. Now to do three more for Allie's teachers!



May 8 Lance had field day today at school. Allie and I came and "helped" his teacher. The kids all had a great time. I have no idea how his teacher got them to calm down (or kept them awake) to take a spelling test later in the day. I am a little nervous about getting this one back!

1 comment:

  1. all are really beautiful shots!! Great!!
    Wow how fantastic is this to be invited for a cruise!! Hope you had much fun!!

    Wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete